Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a 55" VisioTV that will turn on, light blinks then no

Customer Question

I have a 55" VisioTV that will turn on, light blinks then no picture, no sound. Model #XVT553SV
What might be the problem?
Will it cost a lot to fix?
Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Have you tried re-booting ?unplugging from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again?if not please do that

Any storms/surges?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just plugged it in and the Vizio emblem on the front is flashing but no power light. I unplugged then plugged it back in and same response

Vizio sets suffer greatly with main-board issues do you think you can replace this board yourself?I will provide all the necessary info for that please let me know.

If you do not feel comfortable with that then you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Please consider at this point rating what information I have provided so far positively, there will be a rating band with this post of stars, rating positive is the only way I get credited by the site for the help thank you.Please note the question NEVER closes and remains open always so bookmark the page

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anthony, if you can provide the information about changing the main board, I'd appreciate it.
Thank you!

You need to get the back off the set, locate the main-board that's the board with all the AV connectors on,now take the board out by unplugging it and unscrewing it from the chassis,look on the board for the part number this will be on a sticky label or etched on the board then initially try www.shopjimmy.com, if they don't have it google the part-number only, fitting is the reverse of taking out plug and play.

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony

PS please remember the rating, note question will remain open thanks