TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I want CC aaddeD TO TV'S INSTALLED BY YOU 2 YEARS AGO

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
1/11/2016
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi Irwin and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, is the TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed? Or is there a cable box or even a satellite receiver?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I AM IN A LARGE CONDO COMLEX MY SRRVICE IS FROM COMACASTTHE SOME AT?T THREE IS A ROOM FOR CABLE SERVCE

Appreciate your post back; so there is no cable box in your condo unit and the Samsung TV is directly connected to the the condo complex's cable TV system?

Have you tried the CC button of the original remote?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THERE IS NO CC BUTTON ON THE REMOTEEHCABLE COMES OUT OF WALLL INTO A SMALL BOX DC60XN
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HOW MUCH MORE IS REQUIRED? IT'S BEEN OVER AN HOUR. I

Please confirm; there is a cable box, a DC60XN?

Since there is no CC button on the remote, then presumably the remote in use is for the cable box and not the Samsung's original.

Have you tried the MUTE button of the DC60XN's remote?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THERE IS NO REMOTE ON THE BOX

Which remote are you using then please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
MY PHONE NUMBER IS(###) ###-#### I WILL NOT PAY FOR YOUR CALL. THIS HAS BECOME A REAL MESSI AM USING THE REMOTE FOR THE TV PROVIDED BY COMCAST GTHE ONLY MODEL I CAN FIND WAS IN THE BATTERY SPPACEACE ABS P08146-1 CALL ME

Are you able to enable the Closed Caption feature of the DC60XN using the remote's MENU button ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I AM WAITING FOR A RESPONSE

As posted above; "...Are you able to enable the Closed Caption feature of the DC60XN using the remote's MENU button ?..."

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THE REMOTE PROVIDED BY COMCAST WHICH I WAS TOLD TO USE AT INSTALLATION DOES NOT HAVE A CC BUTTON
THE DC60XN DOES NOT HAVE ANY BUTTONS OR A REMOTE
I STARTED THIS EXCHANGE AT 8PM IT'S AFTER 10 NOW AND IF COMCAST CANNOT GET ME CC ON MY TV'S I AM SURE
AT&T WOULD LIKE MY ACCOUNT. ALL I WANT IS CC ADDED TO 2 TV'S INSTALLED BY COMCAST APRIL 2013. I HAVE
HAD GOOD SERVICE FROM COMCAST AND I WANT TO STAY. CALL ME WITH THE TIME OF A SERVICE CALL OR TELL
ME YOU CAN'T DO WHAT I HAVE REQUESTED. DO CALL ME AT(###) ###-####AFTER 9AM AND NO LATER THAN 11PM

The CC button posted earlier is if using the original Samsung remote.

The DC60X?'s remote does not have a CC button but it does have a MENU button. This is the button posted earlier to use to configure the Closed Caption (CC) to be enabled/turned ON.

Have you tried this MENU button please? If yes, were you able to go to "Closed Captioning" feature? ...and then set it to "On"

Louie, Technician