TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Problem: Audio and Video go out (off) and will return to

Customer Question
Problem: Audio and Video go out...
Problem:
Audio and Video go out (off) and will return to normal after different periods of time.
What might be causing the trouble
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/11/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

What is the Brand and Model of the device you're asking about here?

JVC Model N-55D500
D-SERIES

Thank you. It appears either this set is very old, or the model number off of the back of the TV is slightly off. Can you double check that model and also tell me roughly how old the set is please?

OLD ...no idea of manufacturing date

Perhaps is it a JVC "NV-55D500"?

Specifically with the "V"?

correct with a "V"NV-55D500

Ah, thank you. Now I found it. It's a 55" JVC rear projection TV.

Now please let me know what is connected to the set (cable/SAT box, DVD, etc.) and if the set loses AV signal regardless of what source you select.

Also when it loses signal, if you grab the original JVC remote and press MENU will the MENU display on the screen please?

Do not have JVC remote ...only shaw control

Then go to the TV itself and press MENU when the screen goes black- does the MENU display?

I also asked another question trying to get to the root of your problem, here:

Menu displays when menu pressed ..yes

Just to make sure we're on the same page- when the screen goes black, the MENU will still display?

Okay, this generally means the root cause is the "Source"- meaning your cable box, or the connecting cable to the TV. I asked a couple of times about other sources, and you didn't reply. So, I need to know again- do you have a DVD player or ANY other device you can test on the TV to see if the same issue occurs outside of the Cable Box?

Not sure how to test

Do you have anything else connected to the TV besides the cable box?

Amp and DVD

So play a DVD and let me know if the screen goes blank.

That's all I'm asking.

DVD will not display on TV screen
Please cancel my request.Unable to solve issue.Thanks

I don't handle cancelling, or billing, etc. - I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. I'm simply an AV technician. I have opted out and am no longer involved in the dialog here.

Louie, Technician