TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The previous technician (Aric) has opted out on further help

Customer Question
with fixing my TV. Can...
The previous technician (Aric) has opted out on further help with fixing my TV. Can I get someone to review my chat history with Aric and give me further assistance?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/11/2016
TV Technician: Michael Hannigan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question today.

Hello Michael. Were you able to review the history of my previous question.
Hello?

I would need a link to the question. If you have that and can provide it to me, I can take a look at it, yes.

Order ID: 15885207-320
Is this what you need? Are you still there?

No. I need URL to the question.

My Toshiba (model;50HP66 plasma TV) picture and sound went out, but still seems to be on. It still has RED standby power light and will try to turn on with remote, GREEN power on light. The screen is black except for the edges arround the border of the screen and they are dark grey. If I push the MENU button, I can read the writing from the menu screen in the boarder areas of the screen. I have replaced the main board & power supply. Any ideas?

Based on that, it sounds like the main board. BUT, it could also be a Y Buffer failure, which can cause YSus failure, which can damage the main board. So it may be something that started with the Y Buffer - when you changed the main board, did the symptoms change at all? Was the replacement main board new?

I got it from TVPARTSGUY. Used, But tested.
no, changing of the boards made no difference.
what are you thinking Michael?

There's always a chance that a used part is not working... it happens frequently.

Have you tested the voltages with each of the sustain boards detached?

No, what should the voltage be?

As you would have been instructed to do before.. test all of the power supply outputs (5, 15 vdc, Vs and Va) when powering up. They should each ramp up when you power up. If all of them are not, then it is probably still the main board.

If they ramp up but don't stay there, you should also do the same thing with each of the sustain boards disconnected.

This is something that you should have done even prior to replacing the main board. Did you carry out these steps before replacing the main board?

No. My new meter should be here tomorrow. I was hoping this would be as simple as swapping out a board. Not so lucky. Thanks, ***** ***** up later.

Ok. It will be - once you find out what board.

I would appreciate a moment of you time to rate my level of service at your convenience. It will not affect our ability to communicate.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician