TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I HAVE A DYNEX DX-40L150A11 I TURN IT ON IT SAYS PLEASE WAIT

Customer Question
I HAVE A DYNEX DX-40L150A11...
I HAVE A DYNEX DX-40L150A11 I TURN IT ON IT SAYS PLEASE WAIT HAS SOUND AND NO PICTURE
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/10/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?

just the cable

Nothing connected to the tv like a cable converter with its own remote ??

no

O.k then you mean basic cable , how many channels do you get ?

When you say just the cable , what is connected at the other end of that cable ?

An antenna or the cable company ?

other tv work s fine it is hooked to cable company

So you are using the TV's remote to change the channels , how many do you get ?

You get this message on all channels ?

message goes out get all channels sound no picture

How do you mean no picture , a dark screen or is it just blank ?

Does that message re-appear after a while or is it only on one channel ?

dark screen just message after you turn it on

Sorry but if you are connected directly to cable and use the TV's own tuner to receive the channels then this does not make sense and I will opt out

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.

TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi Todd and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, consider an experiment (if have not been done). Power on the TV and set to a program/channel. If at all possible, darken the room where the TV is. Wait for about 5 minutes or more. Soon as "...message goes out get all channels sound no picture...", then shine a flashlight at an angle (not directly) and nearly but not touching the screen where the volume level / menu display is usually seen. Press the VOL UP/DOWN or MENU button and note if a dark/ghostly image of the volume level or MENU could be seen.

Postback results.

The above is a test to determine if it is a backlighting concern.

Still and in most instances, it would be an internal hardware issue or more particularly, possible suspects are:

• • low or missing secondary power supply DCV (least likely);
  • • inverter faulty (likely);
  • • CCFL failure (cold cathode florescent lamps) (most likely).

All of the above would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.

Louie, Technician