Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a 48" vizio. It turns on and I get the V logo but it

Customer Question

I have a 48" vizio. It turns on and I get the V logo but it wont do anything else, have to unplug it to shut it off. But then sometimes it comes on and works fine...Any ideas?? Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority.

This is a failure of the Main board (board with the audio/video jacks). The board will need to be replaced, which means opening up the tv, getting the numbers off the board, ordering the replacement, installing it into the tv. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further. If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted, which I can help with also.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please be sure to click the 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

CLICK HERE FOR POSSIBLE BOARDS (if not in stock, use part number info to buy elsewhere, like ebay)

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you made any progress, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?