TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

SN# Z6P43CAF106701N MODEL# UN55F6300AFXZA, will not come on.

Customer Question
SN# ***** MODEL# ***** will not...
SN# *****
MODEL# ***** will not come on. red light flash 3-4 times the goes off. No picture. I replace the power board, didn't help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Does that light blink as soon as the power cord is plugged in, or only after the power button is pressed please?

Also, do the backlights on the screen (what lights the screen) turn on when it is plugged in, OR when the power button is pressed?

it's solid red when you plug it in. when you press the power button on back it flashes.

Press power, not back light

Okay, hang on, taking a look here.

ok

Okay, this set only has a power board, mainboard and t-con board. The T-con will not have any bearing on the screen not lighting up, but the mainboard will (since you already replaced the power board). The mainboard provides the turn on command to the set, and will allow it to power on once the power button sends that command to the mainboard. So if I understand correctly, you have the same EXACT symptoms after replacing the power board? If so, then you will want to replace your Mainboard to fix the issue.

The different versions of the Mainboard are all available from the link below. Make sure you check the part number of the board against the one in your set to make sure they match before ordering:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/un55f6300afxza

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

is there a way to test these boards before replacing

Do you have a mult-meter?

Then yes. You ground your black meter probe to the metal frame of the TV, set the meter to DC volts, and use your red probe to test the pins on the power supply board- after pressing power once on the TV. Connectors CNM802 and 803 have all of your voltage outputs on them (5, 13 and then the high voltages to the LEDs). If you only have 5 volts, and no other voltages when power is pressed- then you have a bad Mainboard.

ok thanks

You're welcome. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Aric, Technician