TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Our tv has sound & displays the cable channels & info but

Customer Question
has no picture...
Our tv has sound & displays the cable channels & info but has no picture
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/8/2016
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority.

Please try this procedure:

-leave your tv On.

-locate the POWER cord for your cable box and unplug it from the wall outlet.

-count to 5 and plug that power cord back in.

-watch the tv screen as the cable box boots back up.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Please be sure to click the 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

It had no effect. Still sound and cable menu display but no picture
Is there another trick?

No there is nothing else you can do. The good news is, there is nothing wrong with your tv. You have a defective cable box and/or problem with the signal to this cable outlet. You will need to call your cable company, they may be able to send a signal to your box that will restore the picture, if not they will instruct you how to replace the box and/or have one of their techs come to your home to test the cable outlet or replace the box.

Please click the 5 STARS at the top of the page before you go.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you made any progress, or if you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician