Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have 2 TVs 1LCD Sony Model:52EX700, and the other is an

Customer Question

I have 2 TVs 1LCD Sony Model:52EX700, and the other is an LED LG Model: 32 LE 5300-UC. I was remodeling at home and apparently there was a bad connection in the electricity output which increased the voltage at the outlet.When I tried to connect the HDMI cable to the TVs, it gave me a spark on the HDMI portal ( on both TVs). My question is : Is there is a part that can be replaced on both TVs ( like a capacitator, or else), instead of making a major repair, or would be better to buy another Tv?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

What video source/ device you were trying to hook into HDMI input of TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was from my Dvd player that was connected to my Direct TV source.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

Please disconnect Directv box HDMI cable from DVD player and connect only DVD player HDMI cable into TV, do you still get spark?

Also, does TV display DVD player picture?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already fixed the voltage problem. I just want to focus on how I can Fix my 2 Tvs. Go to the original question. How to fix my Tvs. Is it by just replacing a part of my Tvs /
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I guess my reply wasn't clear, do the HDMI inputs of TV still working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont think youre getting what Im saying. I fixed the voltage problem . Focus on how to fix both Tvs, not the connection.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Correct, we both aren't on same page so let me opt out to repost the question and hopefully another expert will soon respond to assist you further.

Thanks.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'm a different expert. I understand you're looking to fix the TV's- but you never stated exactly what the TV's are doing or not doing right now. Are there any signs of life on either of them (Power Light, etc.)?

The spark at the HDMI ports could have caused several possible things- Mainboard or Power Board failure, as the HDMI ports on the Mainboard run off of 5 volts from the power board, so simply asking how to fix them, depends on what exactly the symptoms are. Let me know and we can proceed.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The LG LED doesnt do anything when I turn in on with the Direct Tv connection. The screen is black.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I'm not asking about the DirecTv connection. I am asking this:

Is the TV's power light lit, blinking or completely out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The light is on . The screen is dark.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Let me try again to help you, please provide the specific info only that I request. Please forget Directv box and its connection and focus on TV only.

So far we got to know, LG TV light stays On but screen stays dark.

How about Sony TV, what does the power light do when you turn On the TV.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Sony light turns on (no image, just a faded Sony letters) then it turns off by itself in about 6 seconds.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, and when Sony logo fades out, does the power light stay On or start flashing in specific pattern like 5 blinks, pauses and again 5 blinks etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No flashing or flickering . It just turns off.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, it seems electric spark took main boards of both TV and replacement of main board will help to resolve the issue, please check following link to view LG TV main board image and part number info and ask the supplier if they can provide as currently it is out of stock..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=32LE5300-UC

and following link shows Sony main board (BAL Board) image and price info..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=kdl-52EX700

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.