Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

No audio on my pt-52lcx65 on any gaming system

Customer Question

no audio on my pt-52lcx65 on any gaming system
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?

Also, what connections is it you're trying to use (for example: Red,White and Yellow RCA jacks, etc.)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just got the tv used i have xbox one hooked with hdmi and the ps3 hooked up with video connections. i have pic but no audio i hooked dvd player up it works fine i think it is in settings not sure
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Wait, please back up- you hooked dvd player up it works fine? Meaning what- the DVD DOES have sound, or?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have sound with dvd player and cable just not with game systems
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, and both game consoles are connected using HDMI cables correct?

Have you tried the various HDMI ports on the set?

Also, have you tried resetting the PS3's audio out (you can select optical, RCA or HDMI in the PS3's MENU)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the x box with hdmi the ps3 with av cords the tv only has one hdmi port
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i changed the settings on ps3 i have sound on it now
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Excellent, there you go. I'm sure there's a similar setting in the Xbox in order to get sound via HDMI as well. Let me know if you need further help with that.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.