TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a model LG 32lx1D. The tv was working no issues. it

Customer Question
I have a model...
I have a model LG 32lx1D. The tv was working no issues. it was moved upstairs and would not power on ( the power light would flicker on and off) i removed the backing and inspected for any blown capacitors. I did not find any. I then blew light compressed air on the circuit board and removed all the excess dust over 10 years. I reinstalled the back cover and the unit powered on consistently however I noticed a slight humming sound coming from one of the boards ( never noticed before but it is a very low sound, in addition i heard the fan in the board turn and not turn off even when the tv was turned off) Is the humming and the continous fan normal? even when turned off?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
1/7/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

It seems few capacitors on power supply board are failing and causing the power light flicker when initially plugged the TV then bad capacitors restored themselves and TV powered up. If humming noise is coming from fan then it is normal and may be lubricating the fan stop that sound as well. It is quite possible you would get replaced failing capacitors or entire power supply board in coming days if TV refuse to turn On a all.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
actually the humming noise is nt coming from the fan area.
1- the fan is workign continously even when powered off for at least 4 hours when I plugged the tv in but did not power on, it even starts to work upon being plugged in after being unplugged overnight
2- the humming noise is not from the fan, it is from a different area/ circuit boards ( i can attach a pic)My main concern is is the tv is failing due to humming and the fan working continously and may overheat and become a fire hazard

Thanks for the info, I already mentioned it in previous reply that - "It seems few capacitors on power supply board are failing and causing the power light flicker when initially plugged the TV then bad capacitors restored themselves and TV powered up."

Rest assured, TV or power board or fan wont overheat to become fire hazard as any short circuit due to over heat/ current will blow the fuse on power board to disconnect it from power source/ wall outlet/ surge protector etc to cut the AC Supply instantly and to avoid any smoke/ fire hazard. However, if TV is 4-5 years old then you may please consider to buy new replacement TV instead of spending money and time on this old TV because new 32 inch LCD is available relatively on less price like $120 or so.

I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician