TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a LG Smart TV 50LB6300 connected to Comcast cable box

Customer Question
and a 32" soundbar. I have...
I have a LG Smart TV 50LB6300 connected to Comcast cable box and a 32" soundbar.
I have Netflix and Amazon Prime. Audio on video streaming has noise like buzzing and clipping.
Cable and on-demand audio is fine .
Help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/6/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me how everything is connected?

What is the model of the soundbar?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model of soundbar is IT153Bv821-03
All is connected through the cable box, HDMI

So when you try to watch apps from the tv, you only get buzzing, the audio isn't still playing from the cable box, correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, the audio is still playing , how do I play from the TV bypassing the cable box?

Can you please recheck that soundbar model and tell me the brand as well?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Brand is iLIVE.

Okay that is a very basic/generic product. The hdmi port on it is an output only, this type of soundbar does not support hdmi ARC (audio return channel), so it will not work with your tv apps via hdmi only. That only serves to pass video from the box to the tv. You'd need an extra connection here, meaning an optical cable from the tv back to the soundbar (then set the soundbar to the optical input mode): http://amzn.to/1Z6fNsK

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The soundbar is connected to the TV set at optical input.

You mentioned only hdmi before.

Change the soundbar input so it is at optical,

then go into the tv setup menu and change the audio output format to pcm/stereo.

You may need to do so in the individual apps as well.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This Smart TV is very SMART! (smile) It is beyond pcm/stereo. The settings require more info.
I have to go before we fix this, I will call again.
bye Marylee

What specific info do you need? You're looking for pcm/mtc/2ch/stereo (basically anything but dolby/digital/surround).

Nathan, Installer