Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have an out of warranty 59" Samsung wireless TV (Model

Customer Question

I have an out of warranty 59" Samsung wireless TV (Model Code: FPT5894WX/XAA) which wirelessly receives the Direct TV signal through a second Samsung device which broadcasts it to the monitor. The Internet (e.g., Netflix) comes wirelessly to the Samsung broadcast device through a Samsung Blu Ray player (which has been recently replaced with a new one). After the installation of the new Blu Ray player it sometimes signals "Check fan," and the shuts down for a day or so. Sometimes it doesn't. Q.1. Is the "Fan" in the broadcast device or some other component? Q.2. Who can I get locally to fix it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

The fan is in the plasma display unit (the screen) not in the media controller/input box.

This is often just a case of overheating, but could be a failing fan or control board as well.

Initially, try cleaning it up a bit by vacuuming all of the external vent holes on the back/top of the tv, and blowing the inside out as best you can with compressed air. If you are willing to take the back panel off, you can do a more thorough job (unplug power first).

If still no change, it would need repairs. Replacing a fan is fairly simple, about a $25 part and figure on $100 for diagnostics/labor if there is no underlying board failure. If you'll let me know your zip code, I can help find a local tech for you.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.