TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My 50" Samsung smart TV doesn't always recognise HDMI input.

Customer Question
Customer: ***** ***** my 50"...
Customer: ***** ***** my 50" Samsung smart TV doesn't always recognise HDMI input. This has on;y developed since the SKY decoder was upgraded. Have swapped HDMI cables not fixed. But Panasonic (not smart) not exhibit same problem.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Powering TV off & on several times eventually finds signal. Powering decoder off/on also sorts it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
1/5/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as Sky box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Shahid
1. Samsung UA50F6300 50" LEDLCD
2. Sky box via HDMI approx 10 metre cable
DVD, aerial and disk via std cable
Only having trouble with the HDMIregards

Thanks for the info - Have you tried to unplug TV and Sky box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tried all the basics ahve also connected TV with short HDMI cable - same result. Updated Samsung software. Note that I do not have the same problem with a Panasonic TV I also have.

OK, we need another video source such as bluray or PS3 etc to verify the HDMI inputs of TV, connect the bluray/ PS3 in HDMI input of TV to see if it works fine.

If TV shows normal picture then problem is with Sky box and firmware upgrade may got corrupted and caused the issue. At this point you would need to call cable service provider and ask them to replace the Sky box to resolve the issue.

Now if TV doesn't show picture of bluray then it is problem with HDMI processor chip mounted on main board and entire main board will be replaced to resolve the problem.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician