Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My tv was playing fine and all of a sudden it just went off

Customer Question

My tv was playing fine and all of a sudden it just went off with this message :ATTENTION
The DVI/HDMI output is blocked. Way down on the screen says, "Press exit to cancel" Did that and nothing happened, same thing happened. I'd love to tall to to someone on the phone, my phone # *****(###) ###-####
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I;ll need a minute to get the model number I have a cable box, problem does not occur on one other tv
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

No problem, please take your time.

Press Menu button on TV or its remote, does menu screen appear on TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when can he be available ?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, while you are looking TV model number I would suggest a solution that might help. It seems error message is coming from connected cable box so have you tried to reboot cable box by unplug its power cord for 5 minutes, replug back in wall outlet and let it reboot then check and reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let's continue online
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sure, we can troubleshoot the issue here easily, so could you please try the procedure mentioned in previous reply?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Someone call me please. I unplugged the box I am now waiting for it reboot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV model is VIZO EA7VELE ii UNPLUGGED FOR 5 MINUTES AND NOW i HAVE A MESSAGE: Your HDTV does support HDCP. Please disconnect the HDNMI connector and use the component (YPrlpb) connection to continue watching TV. Press EXIT to cancel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know where the HDMI is to disconnect it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can change channels, but I get a message that says, "To Be Announced"
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

HDMI is cable to connect cable box to TV and it seems the HDMI cable has got internal issue.

Do you have another hDMI cable to replace with existing one?

Pull the HDMI cable connector from cable box and TV, plug the new HDMI cable in cable box and hook it in TV and check.

Please click following link to view HDMI cable image..

http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Cables-Video-Interconnects-Accessories/b?ie=UTF8&node=202505011

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need further assistance with TV problem?

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.