Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I am trying to access Amazon instant videos to stream movies

Customer Question

Customer: I am trying to access Amazon instant videos to stream movies to my TV
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am suppose to have an account with Amazon to access the videos. I tried to set up one and did not succeed.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Will this get us the streaming?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the make/model of the tv?

Are you an amazon prime member?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VIZIO E601i-A3E Yes we are prime members
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, amazon instant video is not available on your particular model.

It may have been previously (when new), however the marketing contract between amazon and vizio (as well as many other brands) that covered this model has expired, and is not expected to be renewed. You can read more about that here: http://heavy.com/tech/2015/09/amazon-instant-video-no-longer-working-streaming-on-google-tv-android-samsung-lg-vizio-sony-hisense-netgear-chromecast-fire-4k/

Your next best option in this case is to connect an external streaming device instead, such as a roku, fire tv, htpc or smart bluray player and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance than what your tv has now, along with better support as well. Of these, the fire tv box or stick will be the most capable.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.