Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Chernow. Samsung 6300. Screen flickering sometimes. Shut Eco

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Chernow. Samsung 6300. Screen flickering sometimes. Shut Eco Systems off. No effect.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its a Samsung LED TV - Series 6 6300. 2 1/2 years old. Problem just started.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See web article about opening back and clipping some JP? wire. ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
S/b "saw" article.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Send answer by email or text or voice to(###) ###-#### Thanks.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Model Number off of the back of this set please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please stand by 1 min.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
UN556300AF
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
UN55F6300AF - corrected
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

What sources are connected to the TV (cable/SAT box, DVD, BD player, etc.)?

Does it flicker with ALL sources?

While flickering if you grab the original Samsung remote and press MENU- does the MENU also flicker?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cable box, DVD. Flickered with both Netflicks movie and regular cable. Don't recall if issue with Menu. As said, working fine now but like to know what to do if it starts flickering again.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you're saying the TV flickers with all sources, then this indicates a hardware failure within the TV that requires component replacement, and nothing there is a quick fix for. So if you're looking to repair this yourself, then we need to know if the MENU also flickers. Please reply back whe you are able to test the MENU so we can proceed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do. Strange - been working without flickering for about 45 min now. If starts again, I will try to test the MENU and advise, Thanks.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. In most cases this indicates a fault in the power supply/LED board, or if the MENU stays steady it indicates the Mainboard. When these sets fail, it almost always starts out as intermittent before becoming permanent.