TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My name is ***** *****, and I am troubleshooting a Samsung

Customer Question
Customer: My name is *****...
Customer: My name is ***** *****, and I am troubleshooting a Samsung smart tv where the smarthub and netflix will not launch.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: About a week ago, I went to launch netflix from the little menu that pops up of recently used apps, when you first turn the TV on. The screen went black for a second and then reverted to "HDMI 3" the input which I started on. Then I pressed the button to go to the front end smart hub interface, and got the same result.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure. I can try to research it on my own elsewhere while waiting.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
1/2/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the full model number of the tv?
If you run the network test from the setup menu, what are the results?
Have you updated the firmware recently?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model number is ***** UNH50HU6950FDon't have the option to run network test. But went into network settings and it says it's connected and all good. Already did factory reset on the TV and cycled power on my cable modem/router. It seems that other apps work now, only netflix refuses to launch. Just goes to a black screen for a few seconds, and then back to whatever HDMI input I was on when I tried to launch netflix.Please advise.

That model doesn't look quite right,

but go into the SUPPORT section of the menu and run the software update next

I've sent an optional phone support offer at your request. If you prefer we can continue here in the chat format as well.

Louie, Technician