Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My sony speaker serial numbersound stopped working

Customer Question

my sony speaker serial number(###) ###-####sound stopped working
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

The serial number does not allow us to look up what model you're referring to here. Please tell me the Model Number of the speaker(s), and also the Brand and Model of the receiver/amplifier the speaker is connected to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model number is ***** ss H700 or 55 H700
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, that's a pair of Sony stereo speakers. You said your Sony "speaker" is not working- so is it only one that's not working, or both?

Also, if the speakers are not working then it's likely the amplifier/receiver is actually at fault- not the speakers themselves, so please tell me what you have these speakers connected to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both not working connected to a dvd player
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the on speker was working but with very low volume. When i stripped wire back to fix it it will not work at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one speaker
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You can't connect the speakers directly to a DVD player, so I need you to elaborate. I'm not there to see what you're seeing.

Also, is this the first time connecting them to this DVD player?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The BRAND and MODEL NUMBER of the device you're connecting the to is needed please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
connected to tv
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sony model number ss H700
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cost me 28 bucks to get farmed out to a new tech
call me(###) ###-####
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • test the speaker by touching the stripped ends of the speaker wires to a single 1.5V AA battery where a good speaker would produce a healthy click;
  • • test with another set of speakers and/or with a pair of headphones (if the model would have such feature).

Incidentally, what is the model number of the DVD player please?