Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Panasonic Model TH-42PX500U has a picture that is

Customer Question

My Panasonic Model TH-42PX500U has a picture that is shortened on both sides and I cannot adjust the volume or bring up the menu.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Have you tried a reboot of the set?unplug from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in again?if not please do this and let me know thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I notice that the menu button on the TV control panel is pressed in and wont retract

That is your issue, you will need to free that in order to make the menu come up that may mean getting at it with the back off the set, or replacing the function board if it cant be freed with tinkering, let me know if you can free it manually

I do not use the phone call option sorry