TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Just bought a 60, vizio and it wont let me go to panoramic

Customer Question
just bought a 60, vizio and it wont let me go to panoramic
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
12/31/2015
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Do you mean widescreen/full screen mode?
Please provide the complete model number of the tv, and also specify what sources/inputs are being used (cable/satellite, dvd, etc)?

widescreen/full
The model number is *****
We have a UltraHD 4K HDMI and its on input 5 on the tv

Thanks for confirming,

what source/input device are you using here? Presumably a cable/satellite box?

If so,

This problem with the picture size could be coming from either the tv OR the box

Grab the cable box remote and look for a button that says ZOOM, ASPECT, WIDE, RATIO, SIZE, etc

You may need to press this several times to cycle through the different options,

and you may have to make a similar adjustment on the tv as well, until you get them both to a desired setting

typically you'd want the cable box set on 16:9 or Wide

and you'd want the tv set on Normal or 16:9

It can take a bit of fiddling to get them both matched up, but you should have a button for this function on both the tv remote and on the box remote, and will have to use both to find the right balance.

I no it's getting its getting late. Can I call my wife call you tomorrow ? She a little smarter than me when it comes to this 🙏

Yes that would be just fine.

Nathan, Installer