TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Have tv model TH- 42PA60A want to access auto tunning but

Customer Question
when I go to settings...
Have tv model TH- 42PA60A want to access auto tunning but when I go to settings auto tunning is no there
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
12/30/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi

By the way , do you have something like a freeview box connected to this tv or digital tuner of some sort ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

To get access to the auto tuning the tv needs to be in tv mode , like when you see a channel number on the screen then open the menu and go to setup and you will see "tuning menu" but that is redundant if you have a set top box .

Except for one thing ; how is that box connected to the tv ?

What type of cables ?

Is the STB connected to the tv with a coaxial cable in the tv`s antenna/cable terminal or is it color coded audio/video cables ?

Or HDMI perhaps ?

Still there ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
coloured cable I have tried with tv on but not set top box still no auto tunning

Don`t bother with auto tuning then , that is redundant , your tv is not the one connected to the antenna , the STB is .

All you need to do now it to set the tv on the correct input .

Look at the tv`s remote for a button called TV/AV and while the STB is turned on press that button repeatedly until the tv gets to where the box is connected

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
don't understand
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
found auto tune and tuned in but no channel 92 not there
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you have not replied to my question
TV Technician: Dimmu TV, Handyman/Handywoman replied 1 year ago
Dimmu TV
Dimmu TV, Handyman/Handywoman

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. If you have a set top box you do not need to use Auto Tune the set top box itself should do this and should have its own remote. What model is the STB?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
STB is strong Pro

Ok thank you, ***** ***** should have come with it's own remote you do not need to scan for channels. All you should have to do is set the TV to the input the STB itself is connected to. Then you would use the STB remote to change channels. Can you try this please and let me know what happens? If you are not sure which input it is, press the input/source button on the TV remote until you see the STB.

Dimmu TV
Dimmu TV
Dimmu TV, Handyman/Handywoman