Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We are getting numerous little dots on the screen. what can

Customer Question

we are getting numerous white little dots on the screen. what can we do to fix the problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

Those little white dots are caused by the DLP chip in the set- which contains thousands of tiny mirrors (each one representing a pixel). These mirrors are prone to falling off of the chip- and each time that happens- a white dot appears on the screen.

There are no settings, or adjustments that will fix this, and to correct the issue (it will get worse and worse until the entire screen is white), the DLP chip must be replaced.

The cost for the chip is around $200 and the cost of labor is another $250 on top of that. If you'd like you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Alternatively, if you're a DIY type (Do It Yourself), then let me know and I will find you a source for the chip, and as well- there are several videos posted on YouTube that show you how to make this repair.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.