TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Ragu my sony tv red light standby blinks 13 times
, the

Customer Question
Customer: ragu my sony tv...
Customer: ragu my sony tv red light standby blinks 13 times
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the model number is ***** 52W3000 sony when I turn it on, the standby red light blinks 13 times, pause, again blinks 13 times, this continues,
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, but can this be solved today?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
12/28/2015
TV Technician: Steve G., Technician replied 1 year ago
Steve G., Technician

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

13 blinks is a balancer board issue. It could be the backlights, the inverters or the board itself.

Is this something you want to try and fix yourself? Do you have a multimeter and some basic tools?

Or would you be looking for me torecommend a local repair facility?

Please let me know and we can continue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please recommend a serviceman in Gastonia NC

You could try Advance TV Repair at(###) ###-####

Explain to them you have a Sony KDL52W3000 with a 13 blink Balancer error.

>>>HERE<<< is a flow chart that you can use to narrow down which board it is before you take it into the shop.

If you don't get a good feeling about the shop, please let me know and I'll find another for you.

Good luck.
Steve

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How much would this repair cost? Estimate?

The TV shop is going to charge you between $50 and $100 for a diagnosis. This goes toward the repair if you decide to have it done.

If the problem is with the DF4 or DF5 boards, they can be had for under $40 on eBay (CLICK HERE). Add another $100 for labor. The shop may want to sell you new parts if they are available so it will be a little higher.

If the problem is actually the LCD panel, then a repair is out of the question. The cost would exceed that of a new TV.

Please let me know if you need further help. If not, Happy New Year to you.

Regards.

Steve

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dear Sir,
The person whom you recommended has given us an estimate of $1000, is this reasonable for this kind of repair? His number is(###) ###-####
Should we spend this kind of money for this repair?
Thanks
Ragu(###) ###-####

No. That is a silly price. You can buy a new TV for half that.

Did he give you that price over the phone or after he had looked at your TV?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Over the phone, he was my TV in his office now, he has done his 'diagnosis'he says if I want it back as it is he will drop it off this weekend,

Then it is quite possible that the LCD panel is bad - this is an option in that flowchart and you may recall that I told you it would be uneconomical to fix if it was the LCD panel.

I would ask him if it is the panel or one of the balancer boards. Either way, it sounds like he has made his diagnosis and that's his price.

Please let me know if I can help you further.

Steve

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am sorry to say that these people are not customer friendly, their prices are deceptive, when I called they said there was a non refundable deposit of $50, which included diagnosis, pickup and delivery. when he came home he demanded $125,
He said he would have the prices by afternoon, when I went to his office he was not nice, he said he had told me about the time when the estimate would be ready, honestly these people don't make the customer feel secure about their service,
I am not recommending these people to anyone in the future
I really don't know how you could recommend these people to me

They are NESDA members which usually requires a high standard of workmanship, knowledge and customer service. I'm sorry that they appear to not have some or all of those attributes.

Unfortunately, I am in Maryland so I can only look to industry organizations for recommendations in other states.

I am sorry about that. I have never heard of such service. Make sure you leave them a review on Google.

Steve

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is not the $1000, but coming home to pick up and asking for $125 cash only, when his office said $50,
I am an engineer myself and know certain things fail, but their attitude and deception was not appropriate. Further, not being nice in their office, just not right.
Does the panel really cost $1000?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Next time please recommend people whom youll or your customers have dealt with in the past, not from some database,

The panel for this one is $804.

https://www.encompassparts.com/item/7857104/Sony/1-802-593-12/Lcd_Panel_%2852Fhdtft%29

Plus oversize shipping plus a complete tear down of the TV.

They probably have a better source but you can buy a perfectly good 4K 52" TV for $500-$600.

I'm sorry it's not the best news.

Steve

Again, I am in Maryland. My customers deal with me. I am sorry but there's no way I can personally recommend TV shops in any town in the USA. I have to go by online reviews and members of industry organizations.

I apologize for this.

Steve

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its alright Steve, you tried your best, ***** ***** not your fault.

Understood. Good luck. If you would like me to help you pick out a replacement, let me know your budget and size requirements.

In the mean time, if you would take a moment to rate my service over the last couple of days.

Thanks.

Steve

Steve G., Technician