Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I'm having problem with my smart vizio cuts off we unplug it

Customer Question

I'm having problem with my smart vizio cuts off we unplug it couple days plug it in work I need some one to look at it if it cost more than it works I will not buy a vizio again this is my second one both don't work
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

What is the model number of the Vizio in question?

How long have you owned it for and when did the problem occur?

Also does it cut off- meaning shut completely off (power light changes to standby)?

Or do you simply lose picture, or sound- or both?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm at work can I get back to u this after noon with the information
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Sure that's no problem- reply back anytime.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model M502i-B1 bought Jan 2015 two weeks before thanksgiving it powers off we unplug it for 4 days plug it in it works powered off again a week ago we plug it in again last night works
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, so you're saying it actually shuts off and you need to unplug it for a length of time to get it to work. I'm sorry to tell you this, but this is a hardware failure within the TV that requires service and there's no settings or adjustments that will fix this. You will need to contact Vizio Warranty Repair BEFORE your warranty runs out You have barely over one month left of warranty before the set runs out of warranty, and you need to start the warranty process before it runs out to have the set be repaired and have it covered. You need to contact Vizio at the number below:

VIZIO:

To obtain warranty service, contact VIZIO Technical Support via email: *****@******.*** or via phone at(###) ###-####from 7:00AM to 11:00PM Monday through Friday and 10:00AM to 6:00PM Saturday and Sunday, Central Time, or visit www.VIZIO.com. Pre-authorization must be obtained before sending any product to a vizio service Center. Proof of purchase in the form of a purchase receipt or copy thereof is required to show that a Product is within the warranty period.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.