Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My samsung tv all the sudden has no sound...think we may

Customer Question

My samsung tv all the sudden has no sound...think we may gave hit a button on one o f the remotes
the model # ***** *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Can you please get me the complete model number written on back of Samsung TV? SK-32H540S is Westinghouse TV number.
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry
Where can I find the that number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Direct tv box
Pioneer receiver
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I call you
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Model number would be written on sticker pasted at back of Samsung TV.

Do you get TV sound through Pioneer speakers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tv is up on wall can't see the numbers
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I guess we need to have basic info about TV and connected devices as first thing and we can troubleshoot the issue here in text format easily.

OK, so TV model number isn't available at the moment, do you get TV sound through Pioneer speakers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we normally get the sound thru pioneer speakers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this the serial number
Un55d6000
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, if you get normal picture on TV but no sound from Pioneer speakers that means audio input in Pioneer receiver has been changed and it needs to select correct audio input in Pioneer to get the sound. Please press Input/ Source button on Pioneer receiver or its remote to check different inputs and one will get you TV sound in speakers.

UN55D6000 is model number of Samsung TV.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I would also recommend to unplug Directv box power cord from wall outlet for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in and let it reboot that may take several minutes, when picture appears on TV then check sound output in Pioneer speakers.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok checked all inputs...nothing
Unplugged direct tv
Waiting..
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, please take your time to get the Directv box reboot and check sound output.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Direct tv back on...no sound
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, have you tried again to check inputs of Pioneer receiver by pressing input button repeatedly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We think he hit a button on one of the remotes
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

How many remotes you use with this TV setup and what remote was hit to caused the sound issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Three remotes
Direct tv remotr
samsung tv remote
Pioneer remote
He believes he hit something on the pio N eer remote
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, lets check the sound output from TV speakers first.

Press volume button on TV remote, do you get sound?

If not, please check the TV menu> audio settings to find TV Speaker option as it might be set as Off that mute the TV speakers.

Once you get Directv sound through TV speakers then we will check Pioneer receiver for sound signals coming from TV.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sound thru tv speakers
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, do you have another video source such as DVD player etc to connect to TV as a test to check playback sound?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know when you are back on
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I'm online, have you tried DVD player for sound test?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wet do not have a DVD player
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, is it possible to get a DVD player from a friend for this test which will help to troubleshoot the issue?

Also, does Pioneer receiver has builtin FM tuner to listen local FM channels? If so, please select any FM channel, this way we will check Pioneer receiver is giving sound output or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
has tuner
Can hear the static coming out if the speakers on am and fm....
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Nice, so Pioneer receiver is fine and we left few things, connection cable running between TV and Pioneer receiver, TV and Directv box.

Connecting a DVD player to TV will help to narrow down it more, if you get DVD playback sound from Pioneer speakers then TV and connection cable is fine and we will left with defective Directv box which is causing no sound problem, at this point it needs to call your service provider to get the Directv box replaced and to resolve the problem.

I hope these info will help and DVD player is must to verify the TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son has an Xbox can I connect that instead of a dvd player?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that will work too.

I'm stepping out for couple of hours.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hooked up xbox and played but only on TV Speakers
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, please try to change inputs in Pioneer receiver to get xbox sound.

Once you get sound then try Directv box to get picture on TV and sound should come out through Pioneer receiver if Directv box has no internal issue with sound circuitry.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went thru all inputs no sound
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Went on to Smart TV hub and put on Pandora and it played thru the pioneer speakers
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, so you get xbox and pandora sound through Pioneer speakers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pa Dora yes tgr pioneer
Xbox no thru pioneer
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, so Pioneer and TV are working fine when you watch Pandora on TV. It is quite possible that xbox audio wires may not be connected correctly in TV so it appears that your Directv box is defective and causing no sound (from TV speakers as well as Pioneer speakers) problem, please call your cable service provider and ask them to replace the Directv box which will resolve the issue. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.