Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My 5-yr-old wireless HD TV will not connect to my DISH media

Customer Question

My 5-yr-old wireless HD TV will not connect to my DISH media box suddenly. How can I repair it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

- Does TV display any message about media box?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TV is heavy, hung on wall on straight bracket, so I cannot get to the back where model number must be. I'm older, living with my dog.
The screen has a simple picture of a tv and a media box connected with flashing blue lights. It says, "waiting for TV to connect with media box." No error number or logo. I'm sorry.
I did try DISH last night, and they think it's the TV's fault.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This picture I described is one I see each time I turn on TV, and it usuallyonlytakes seconds for them to connect.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, since I do not have your TV model number to assist you properly so lets try generic thing first..

- Have you tried to unplug TV and media box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried that more than once, thanks. No luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have also tried to use the tv buttons to adjust input. No change.i mean that no matter what input I tried, a box came up saying, "not available now".
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, since hard reset didn't work that means wireless board (known as bluetooth board) in one of unit, either in TV or media box has failed and causing the problem, TV and media box have this board to establish connection for wireless connectivity and to transfer video-audio signals to TV, replacement of bluetooth board will help to resolve the issue.

Can you please get me the model number written on media box to see if it has info about associated TV model number to move forward in troubleshooting?

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some time back I had to replace my dish remote. When it arrived I needed to set to to my tv. On my DISH remote Ifound a list of LG television model numbers on there. They had 2. I picked the second one and it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you hold momentarily please for themediaboxnumber?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sure, please take your time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** is no number of any kind on this media box.
Will a tv tech take my tv off the wall to fix this problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does have a phone number to call at DUSH. But I called them yesterday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Thanks for your help. Good-bye.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Yes, TV tech will do whatever is needed to fix it. Dish TV service has nothing to do with your TV issue which needs TV tech presence to figure out what bluetooth board isn't working and replace it to resolve the problem. You may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Typing an answer/ reply on keyboard takes bit time, sorry for delay and I tried to reply within 2 minutes.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.