hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Experience:  State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer
40928634

My LG TV constantly shows a sing on the screen that reads:"

Customer Question

My LG TV constantly shows a sing on the screen that reads:
" A new external device is connected. Do you want to enjoy this?"
Please tell me how I can get this to stop. We haven't connected anything and it comes on constantly.
thank you.
Brandy B.(###) ###-####***@******.***
Category: TV
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.

Hello there did anything lead up to this please?

Hello again please try unplugging the TV from the wall power and press the power button on the TV itself for 5 seconds and then plug the TV back in to the power.
Now try turning on the TV do you still get the message?

If so, please identify the AV socket involved and get an RCA plug (you may have an RCA cable lying around). Buy some contact cleaner from a hardware shop and spray the RCA plug. Then insert and remove the RCA plug into the AV socket on the TV a few times. Repeat this to the other AV sockets as there are normally three AV sockets to each input (Yellow, red & White).

Try this and see if the message removes. If this still doesn't work then it will be necessary to open the TV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Sorry I am in South Africa and cannot call you. Did you read my answer above please?