Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Samsung tv with what I think is the capacitor

Customer Question

Customer: I have a Samsung tv with what I think is the capacitor problem but when I took the back off the tv no bulging capacitors. I bought a new board but am still having same problem - what else could it be - thanks Chuck
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: tv wouldn't turn on for long periods of time, I would get shreaking noises, green screens, attempts at a picture, etc as I switched TV on and off until finally I would get a picture but it kept taking longer to get a picture
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Please tell me the model number off of the back of the Samsung, and please tell me exactly what it is doing?

In other words, is it cycling on and off with no response at all from the power button?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need assistance here?