TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

HoW do I get PIP off the screen?? My tachi is 11 years old.

Customer Question
HoW do I get PIP...
HoW do I get PIP off the screen?? My Hitachi is 11 years old. I don't have the remote.Can't find it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
12/25/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please give me the tv`s model number ?

ok. Wait just a moment while I get it>

O.k and does that tv have that PIP function to start with and it got activated somehow ?

I have never used the PIP function on this TV..,Only number I can find on the back is AAX2932-A
Don't know how it activated

O.k but do you know if it even has that function to start with ?

I don't think so

What i`m thinking here is that this could come from the satellite box .

Is it satellite that you have ?

Direct TV

O.k then you said that you restarted it so i guess it would mean you turned it off and back on again but ths time pull out its pwer cord for 30 secs or so and plug it back

Give it a couple of minutes to re-acquire the satellite once you plug it back

I have unplugged it restarted the Receiver. Direct TV says its the TV and not their receiver.
Ok willtry that. Takes me awhile as it is hard to get to.

You already tried to unplug its power cord ??

Ok I unplugged the receiver box and replugged. PIP still there. Receiver restarting now.

O.k then you mean that pip never went away while the sat.box was unplugged ?

You said that tv was a hitachi ??

could it be a pioneer ?

No it is an Hitachi 52 inch.When I unplugged the receiver everything went off.

O.k then you mean you still had the tv screen but no more PIP box ?

Or you simply had a black screen ?

You don`t happen to have something else connected to this tv do you ?

Can you open its own menu and if so does that box disappear when you do open it ?

Tv went off with receiver unplugged. When I replugged it the screen came back with PIP still on With Direct TV logo

TV went off ??

Did you unplug the tv or the satellite box ?

Right now without the model number I have no idea what I`m talking about sorry but I will opt out and repost your question

OK good night.

If you feel a bit more enterprising today , reach behind the tv and look for a sticker that may have the model number ??

If it is an older CRT/tube type rear projection hen it may be something like 51F510 , 50UX52 etc.

Or a mode with a lamp could be 50V710

Plasma 55HDS69

LCD 50L.......

Note that the model number always starts with the tv screen size so it will be 50...... for a 50" model

Let me know if you still need help with that and merry christmas

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician