Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Trying to set up my olevia #227-s11 that a friend gave me to

Customer Question

trying to set up my olevia #227-s11 that a friend gave me to just a basic antena, not cable, but can't seem to get any channels.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

You cannot connect an antenna to the TV and have it work without setting up the Tuner settings in the TV's MENU.

You'll need to use the original Olevia remote to select "Tuner", then "AIR", then run a "Channel Scan". This is outlined in the Olevia's manual on page 30 (at the link below):

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/user-manuals/227s11-olevia-parts-tv+lcd-manual

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.