Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We just purchased a Vizio 70 inch 4K television - even

Customer Question

We just purchased a Vizio 70 inch 4K television - even though there is a change picture mode button on the remote, no options appear on the screen. Instead, the following message appears: "Normal is the optimal wide mode and can not be changed." How can we access the mode options? Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. Let me know what happens.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The display is not necessary incorrect. The issue is the tv display mode has no option to change it. In the words, when the change display mode is pushed there is no options (as with other Vizio models.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, first- you haven't replied back with what source you're viewing from or if you've used that remote or the Vizio remote to change format.

Secondly, I would need the full model number off of the back of the Vizio if you're convinced the TV is the root cause of the provblem.

Third- what device/source ARE you viewing from please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. We replaced a Vizio 55 inch and the display mode choices were accessed on the Vizio remote. No such options show on this unit.The information on the unit is: VIZIO MSeries 7034 Class 69534 Diag LED 2160p Smart 4K Ultra HD TV Black; Model: M70-C3The source is Directv - no remote was used to set the display and the Vizio does not show any options
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I just wanted to see if you needed further help with this. If so, there's picture formats available in the Vizio's MENU. Click on the link below, then scroll down to page 45. See the middle of the page for the various Picture Modes and use the Vizio remote to access them as outlined:

http://cdn.vizio.com/documents/m80c3/um-m80c3.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible that when using HDMI 5 input that the default is normal and cannot be adjusted from that setting? Thx
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure, can you explain why you're asking?

If you're saying you cannot adjust it then you need to find the button on the DirecTv remote labeled:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key