TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Shahid! while ago I've got some tips on trobleshooting

Customer Question
Hello Shahid! For a while ago...
Hello Shahid!
For a while ago I've got some tips on trobleshooting my Samsung LED TV. Model code UE55D7005LUXXE.
It's first now I'm trying again.
I did some measurements on my power board and I was able to measure constant 5 Volts in standby on the pin 18, but I'm still not sure about the main board. There should be a reason why it's rebooting. Can You help me to do somme measurements more so it becomes more clear to me? I would like to turn power supply on with main board disconnected so I can check about other voltages are as they have to be before purchasing main board.
Thank You!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
12/20/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you.

Looking at attached pictures and get back to you in few minutes.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
To get it more clear I'm adding link to video from our last conversation.
https://mega.nz/#!BVEyiZqD

Above link ask for decryption key :-)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
https://mega.nz/#!BVEyiZqD!IRH9lOcx1glThLXIWCv1zuQ7apGhbQmV2z-GZwmmcb8
Try this

OK, what volts appear at pin-20 (PS-ON) of connector CNM801 of power board that goes to main board?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is swiching from 0.2 to 3.3V

OK, please unplug connector of CNM801 and again check volts at pin-20.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
3.14V

OK, to check the power supply board output volts please jump the pin-20 to GND pin (14 or 16) to turn On the power supply without connecting the main board. You should get B13V at pin-7,10 and B5V at pin-17, 19 etc.

If these volts are available then power board is working. Regarding turning On backlight section, it is bit complicated as it needs command and pulse width modulation signal (PWM) from main board to turn it On.

Please reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks!
Do I have to use a resistor or it's ok to cut it short?
I'll do that a bit later and will replay.

I would recommend to solder a piece of wire to jump the pin-20 to pin-14 or 16 then replug TV power cord in and check output volts of power supply board.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Shahid!
I've been very busy at work. I haven't done measurements yet. All do then tomorrow and write back.

Hi, no problem, please take you time.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
For me it works a bit different.... I'm able to measure
Without jumper on pins 7 and 10 I have 12,9V; pins 17 and 19 is 5V.
With jumper relay is swiching off.

OK, that means power supply board is working, jumping the PS-ON pin to ground turns Off the power supply which indicates all is set at power supply board and issue would be with main board in TV, replacement of main board will help to resolve the issue.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician