TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I cannot get the Vizio Smart TV to work. The last time I

Customer Question
used it there was a...
I cannot get the Vizio Smart TV to work. The last time I used it there was a cable box that a HDMI cord plugged into with the other end going into the corresponding HDMI socket on the TV,
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
12/20/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Can you describe exactly what is wrong with the set please?and where the HDMI cord fits into why you have the problem?

Anthony

ok What do i do?

I do not use the phone facility

The problem I have is I do not fully understand your question so >>>

Is there any powerlight lit or blinking on the front of the set please?

Anthony

There is no box and there is nothing for the HDMI cord to plug into? Does there have to be a box?
Does there have to be a box and a HDMI hook-up?
Does there have to be a HDMI hookup?

OK you have to understand that I really do not know what you are referring to?you have a problem yes?so lets start from the beginning is it that you have no picture no sound but the TV comes on OK?I am not sure what you mean about the box at this point

If you did not have a box before what did you use for TV services?

I did have a box before. Now I don't,

I see well you wont get anything as regards ***** ***** unless you have an antenna?

An antenna is about the only way you will get anything without a box

If you do not have an antenna then the set is a bookend you see it needs to receive signals

Please remember to rate the answer positively please so I receive credit from the site if you need more help let me know

Do you plug the HDMI wire into the antennA?

No the antenna goes into the antenna socket on the back of the set then you tune channels in the settings menu, now you may be able to use an indoor antenna depending on your distance from the transmitter otherwise it may need to be mounted outside

Do I need a cable box or can the smart TV run on a wireless signal?
how do you hook up to the antenna or do you look for it as part of setup?

You have to either use a box OR an antenna there is no other way

No an antenna is a physical separate thing from the TV

Where do you plug the other end of the HDMI wire? Used to plug into a box.

You plug it into the antenna socket on the back of the set will look like this

The other end of the HDMI wire goes nowhere you have NO BOX??

At present I cant get a photo up of the antenna socket

The HDMI is only for the box only so forget about that you have no box

The only way possible for you to receive pictures now is by using an antenna

I do have an antenna, but it still isn't connecting? This is a smart TV right?
I want to get Netflix, Hulu Plus and Amazon. Can I do that?

No you need a box

Error Message: your device may not be connected to the Internet . Please make sure your connection is working and try again. Code me-1-19
This smart TV worked perfectly with a cable box. What is the adjustment without the cable box when you can also play the TV on the antenna?
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, I've just reviewed your question and think I understand what you're asking.

Basically you just want to setup an antenna and get internet apps on the TV is that correct?

Please send me a reply once you see this.

Aric, Technician