Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I own a 1989 Zenith System 3 Color console TV Model No.

Customer Question

I own a 1989 Zenith System 3 Color console TV Model No. SF2517TR52. I'm having trouble trying to play a Panasonic VCR and a Samsung Disc player (not at the same time), they will not appear on my TV. Are they connected to my TV wrong?
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

It sounds like you have it connected correctly. What you need to do is tell the TV to 'listen' to that input and not the cable box or antenna or whatever you usually are tuned to. This is usually done with the remote.

On the remote there should be a button labelled TV/VCR. Press that.

Let me know what happens.

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried that.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, let's look at the jacks. You should have a red, a white and a yellow on the TV, and also on the VCR and DVD player. Is that correct?

If so, do you have them connected white to white, red to red etc. ?

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

I can't call you at this time. I am sorry. I am going to opt out of this question which will allow other experts to chime in.

Hold on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just done that, now I'm turning on the
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially and if connected using yellow + red & white RCA-to-RCA cables, press the Zenith's original remote SOURCE button a number of times.