TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a samsung 60" LED TV (un60f6300af). While watching,

Customer Question
Hello, I have a samsung...
Hello, I have a samsung 60" LED TV (un60f6300af). While watching, it will randomly turn off and on repeatedly, its very annoying. I've been searching the web, and it seems to be a pretty common problem. I have the TV pulled apart, looked for bulged capacitors, but don't see any. Do you know anything about this problem or how to fix it, maybe which capacitor it is? Also, on the power supply board, there is a darker spot on the plastic that looks like it got warm, about the size of a dime, could that be the problem? Or maybe just a blemish in the plastic?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, The set cycling only "OFF" is an issue with the power supply capacitors. However the set cycling OFF and back "ON"- is caused by the Mainboard (this is even documented in Samsung's service notes). The Mainboard contains the EEPROM and produces the power supply on and off commands. In order to fix this you would need to replace the Mainboard- which is the board with the AV and HDMI jacks located on it.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well is there something that I could replace on the main board, instead of replacing the whole thing?

What level tech are you, and do you have an IC extractor? The EEPROM is a many pin surface mount component- not something easily replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tweezers... Not too experienced, but I've got to start somewhere...

Okay, I don't personally repair these boards down to a component level I board swap, so I won't be of too much help here, and I've seen many techs chase their tails trying to repair a Mainboard. I will have to opt out on this one I'm afraid.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well can I get my $28 back? I didn't really learn anything...
Aric, Technician