Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics
23511658

Samsung pn50c8000... The tv is 3-4 years old and just

Customer Question

Samsung pn50c8000...
The tv is 3-4 years old and just started to continuously shut on and off. There is no longer sound when powered on, when we first turn it on, it blinks power light 5 times and the screen stays black. I have since researched and diagnosed what I could. Just replaced the psb and main boards with exact matching models. The powering on and off itself is gone, but still no power up or down sound, and screen is still black. Pushing source or anything else on both panel and remote buttons does nothing. Only way to shut the tv off is to unplug. From just a visual, all caps look to be fine. Any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. Since you've done the basics, it might be time to graduate the the service manual. Actually, Samsung has abbreviated troubleshooting guides that make the diagnosis pretty straightforward. I have the one for this chassis, and I'm uploading it to my shared drive for you to download. Here is the link:

http://bitli.es/ivNoBa

Just click on that and then select download from the page. Then just go through that one step at a time, measuring the voltages and it should pinpoint the problem. Let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will go buy a bolt meter tomorrow, sift through what looks like a foreign language to me and report back I guess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Volt*

OK. Let me know how you make out. If you don't mind, you can rate the answer so that it will not go back to the open question pool - that way when you respond, I will be alerted.