TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I bought a house with a mitsubishi 1080 hd tv. we have

Customer Question
Customer: I bought a house...
Customer: I bought a house with a mitsubishi 1080 hd tv. we have resolution problems
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have hooked the tv up to a digital converter. there are lines on the screen and its snowy
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
12/19/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

What is the model number off of the back of the Mitsubishi?

Also, how long has the converter been hooked up? Was the screen fine until you hooked up the converter box?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ws a65
3 months
We didn't have a tv picture brfore the converter

Thank you for the reply. So there's been nothing else connected to this set before this (DVD player, etc.)?

Also if you grab the original Mitsubishi remote and press MENU- does the TV's native MENU display clearly and without these lines?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We have not had any components hooked up.
The screen is clear on menu if I change the input from tv to dvd

What is the brand and model of the converter and how is it connected to the TV (which ports, using what type of cables)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Insignia ns dxa2
Cable to tv antenna port

Please shut the TV off, then remove the coax cable from converter to TV. Instead plug a set of Red,White and Yellow RCA cables from the box to the TV's AV input. Use the Mits remote to select those Inputs and tell me if the picture clears up please.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will need find cables. Where do Those cables hook up on the TV

They connect to the same colored coded jacks on the TV, then you select that Input based on what it is labeled above those jacks (AV 1, AV 2, etc.).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I bought the red yellow and white cables and plug them into the jacks on the front of the TV. I do not get a picture

You need to select that Input. Look in the TV's owner's manual to find what those inputs are called, you may need to label them in accordance to the TV's manual. Then you need to select them in order to get a picture. The TV does not automatically show a picture when you plug something into it. You need to manually use the Input/Device button to select them.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried all the inputs. I don't have a manual

What are the jacks on the front of the TV labeled?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there are only 3-4 inputs --- its a blue screen and it says VCR or DBS or DVD
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they are label INPUT-3

No, what I'm saying is this- if you look at the front of the TV- where those jacks are- there are actually labels near them. Tell me what they say?

Okay. Can you select Input 3 yes or no?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
INPUT-3

Can you select Input 3 yes or no?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no - when i use the remote and cycle through inputs I get three listed above

Okay, you need to "Name" Input 3 in order to select it. Or, you plug into different Inputs. Let me see if I can find the manual for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i found out how to set up the inputs. What do I assign input 3 to?

You can simply pick a name and then simply select that name. Let me know if you need clarification.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the set up provides a series of options. Perhaps they were entered someplace else? When I choose those options - I still do not get the broadcast tv channels.
TV Technician: hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer replied 1 year ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer

Hello here is a link to your TV

​Instead please try plugging the yellow, red & white cables into input 1 on the back of the TV. Then press the Input button on the TV to select Input 1.

The yellow red & white cables must be on the corresponding output connections on the rear of the converter box.

hongkongpom
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer