Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Vizio TV, model E740-AO that is maybe 2 years old.

Customer Question

I have a Vizio TV, model E740-AO that is maybe 2 years old. I just noticed that is has developed a dark band through the middle third of the picture because the credits on the movie started at the bottom bright, faded as they moved through the middle of the screen and then became bright again. What could have caused this and is there anyway to fix it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Does it happen with all inputs/sources (cable/satellite, dvd, game, apps, etc)?

Does it also affect the vizio setup menu?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am running Amazon Fire TV and a DVD player. It doesn't appear to effect anything other than the one digital movie I was watching. I ran the DVD and other movies I have on my Fire TV. And it doesn't seem to affect the setup menu. Is it possible to get a bad digital movie copy and did I panic too soon?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I would concur with that, if it is not affecting ALL sources, and especially not affecting the vizio setup menu, it is content related and really nothing to worry about.

Sometimes you'll see odd "artifacts" like that as the result of compression on digital movies and it can even be occasional from the adaptive backlighting and the ambient room light sensor being a bit off. You could very well watch the same movie again in the day time and have no issues.

Unless you see it happening more frequently or getting worse, I wouldn't worry about it.

Best regards,

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.