Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Name is ***** *****. I have a Samsung model HLS5687WX/XAA

Customer Question

Customer: Name is ***** *****. I have a Samsung model HLS5687WX/XAA that starts with a black screen, then as it warms up the image has lines and is mixed up. After a time the image stablizes and is normal. What can I do to fix this? Is there a card that I should look at to replace or replace components on?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That is it for now. The image used to be quick to warm up and stabilize, now it takes longer. I'm not having problems with it shutting off, just image lines and the image is scrambled within the lines, then slowly stabilizes.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How does this work? I don't think this will be resolved tonight and may take a few days to troubleshoot thoroughly.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

During the time the set is bad if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up normal?or is that scrambled too?

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is scrambled too.

OK and you have not had any problems with the set shutting down to all 3 lights blinking in the front of the set?

You haven't heard any unusual humming or screeching noises coming from the set?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No lights blinking and no noises. I will look to send a picture or video of how it looks. Just have to wait it to cool down to act up.

OK