Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung TV model LN46B650T1FXZA version SS02. I had

Customer Question

I have a Samsung TV model LN46B650T1FXZA version SS02. I had a power problem, the TV was not turning on, with red flashing light off the main board. I removed the back cover, examine the power board, changed 3 caps 1000 microfarads, 25v starting to bulge, + 2 caps 1000 mf 10v. I also changed the main board to new one. Now i on get lines pattern. I don't have access to a service manual for that model. What else can i do to repair my TV to get picture and sound?. Please. Alix
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- What were the original symptoms in TV that prompted you to repair power board?

- Are you getting now vertical lines on screen?

- Did you get identical main board having same part number?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TV would not turn on.
Vertical lines, Yes
Yes, main board have the same part number.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, can you please check the flat ribbon cable plugged securely at main board and into t-con board located at bottom center of TV under metal shield?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have reexamine the flat ribbon wire from the main board to the T-con board, it is in place, secured, not damaged. i prefer to chat because i have a speech impairment.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Phone call offer is automated sent by website system and not from my side so you may please ignore it if do not want it.

Can you please remove metal shield of t-con board and examine the flat cables from t-con board to inside LCD panel, reinsert the cables to make fresh connection and check if lines remove?

Please handle those flat cables very carefully.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, it's is going to take a few minutes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

No problem, take your time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did what you suggested, same results, i get vertical and horizontal lines.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Horizontal lines as well? This is new info and indicates serious problem. It seems LCD panel internal issue, sorry about this news. Entire screen will need to be replaced but would cost more than new TV price of same size if replacement panel/ screen is still available with Samsung parts in area.

I do have service manual of this model but I'm afraid it wont help you to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions. You would be better off with a new TV instead of spending money and time on this TV.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you