Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Funai LF320FX4F comes on then Goes off in Two Seconds

Customer Question

My Funai LF320FX4F comes on then Goes off in Two Seconds Unpluged the Power Cord pressed the power button for a count of ten same thing after I plugged it back in. I ordered a new power supply board and mother board and a switch board same results any answers.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • check/re-solder the power components of the new power supply board particularly the transformers, diodes and capacitors;
  • • check the LED array.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed your suggestion I inspected all the solder joints under a magnifying lamp then re soldered them even thou there where no cold or bad solder joints and the same with the LED array same results. I have solder certification and inspection from the Air Force as a civilian in avionics.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
14 December 2015 11:23
I followed your suggestion I inspected all the solder joints under a magnifying lamp then re soldered them even thou there were no cold or bad solder joints and the same with the LED array same results. I have solder certification and inspection from the Air Force as a civilian in avionics.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Appreciate the update on the preliminary tries.

What is the voltage supplied to the LED array? Is it consistent?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the $18 on top of the $28?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

For payments & billing concerns, please contact Customer Support.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am doing this after work and have my hands full I will give this more consideration and get back to you as soon as time allows.
Thank you for your patience.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I understand. Would appreciate an update when conveniently able on your end.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Soldered board voiding warranty $58 dollars for power board, mother board, and led board, just answer charged me $28. You suggest calling you that is $18 =$114 and more of my time. I can buy a new TV $148.
I'll trash this thing and buy a new one. Instead of feeding you more cash and then having to buy a new one.
No, I think I'll call it quits while I still can. Just answer took the $28 out already get them to credit and rate you!
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.