Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Hdmi inputs not recognized on a sharp aquos
, after a

Customer Question

Customer: hdmi inputs not recognized on a sharp aquos
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: after a power company power cut tv will not recognize any signal coming in through an hdmi input. It does recognize composit input, eg DVD and cable box will both send signal, but only through the composite cables and input. Have swapped out hdmi cable to a new cable didn't fix problem.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Ok if you're saying I can decline payment if your answer doesn't solve the problem. Happy to pay if it does solve it.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. Did you only test the hdmi port on the tv using this one cable box? Or did you try another device that has hdmi, like bluray player or game system?

2. Are you able to set the tv to the hdmi input using the tv remote? If you are, what shows on the screen- no signal error message or black screen or blue screen or?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried another device ( a pc in screen clone mode that usually works). Neither it nor cable box is recognized via HDMI. The tv has multi hdmi ports and none of them are working. Screen is blank when hemorrhage input is selected.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

You have done all the trouble shooting that I would do or a repair shop would do. At this point the board inside the tv with the hdmi ports will need to be replaced. If that is something you want to attempt then REPLY back with the full model number of the tv. If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted, which I can help with also.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what happens with the tv, be aware that I have donated my invaluable time helping you rather than other paying customers. Please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,