Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Our JLC32BC3000 TV suddenly stopped accepting the remote

Customer Question

Our JLC32BC3000 TV suddenly stopped accepting the remote signal, from either the JVC remote or the Comcast remote. I tried to restore default settings, thinking I might have accidentally changed a setting, but it requires the default password, which I cannot figure how to enter without the remote. Is there a cause/solution?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

Since both remotes stopped working at same time then it is likely the failure of remote sensor board in TV which receives remote control infrared signals and sends to main board of TV, replacement of remote sensor board in TV will help to resolve the problem and then you would be able to put default password ***** remote control (mostly it is 0000). If you wish to replace remote sensor board (known as IR board as well) then remove the back cover of TV after removing screws around the back panel of TV and check lower/ bottom area of TV to find out remote sensor board to get part number written on it which can be used to search/ google to get replacement IR/ remote sensor board.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.