Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a LG 26lc7d with flashing red and screen will goes on

Customer Question

I have a LG 26lc7d with flashing red green and screen will goes on and off. I replaced the bulging caps that I cold find but no good. What do I need to look for?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Monty.

If it powers up and shuts back down, that isn't a power board issue. The caps likely were starting to fail, and contributing originally, just due to the age (2008 model).

Bad caps won't cause startup and then shutdown though, it just wouldn't start up in the first place.

The on/off cycling will be attributed to a bad main board, which comes down to failed integrated circuitry (bad eeprom). There is no quick/easy fix for that, it isn't a simple solder job, you'd actually replace the board.

That will be about a $70 part. It certainly can be swapped out, but honestly for a tv this age and size, you're probably better off replacing it entirely. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty and better picture for $150-200. Repairing also won't extend the life of the tv significantly, you still have an aging power board / inverter that is likely to fail at any time now.

Depending how you'd like to proceed here though, I can help with part sources if you'd like to replace that, or recommend replacements if you prefer.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your right a new set is cheaper.
Thanks for the help
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Did you need further assistance, Monty?

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.