Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I was just watching tv snd I have now sound but no picture

Customer Question

Hi I was just watching tv snd I have now sound but no picture
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. What is the model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. How long have you had the Tv?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LC-37PD5X THINK ABOUT 8YRS
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

If you press MENU on the original Sharp tv remote, does anything show up on the tv screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Please try this:
-disconnect all audio/video wires from the tv.
-unplug the tv POWER cord.
-press and hold the power button on the tv for 20 seconds and release.
-plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

If that does not help then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further (a meter and prior experience is required). If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted, but at 8 years old and 37", it's probably better if you check prices on new tvs.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

I have donated my invaluable time helping you rather than other paying customers. Please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still nothing
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear that. As I said in my answer, the tv needs repair. You have electronics experience REPLY back and we will try to diagnose the failure, otherwise a repair shop is needed and my advice is not to get the tv repaired due to the age of the tv and the size of the screen. A new tv will cost less, have better picture quality, more features, and a new warranty.

Please don't leave without clicking the 5 STARS / SMILEYS.