Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Please provide code connection color TV model 51F59, or

Customer Question

please provide code for cable connection for projection color TV model 51F59, or 51F59A, or 57F59,57F59A, 65F59,65F59A
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i`d like to make sure you understand we are not the cable company but an independent site fixing problems like what you may have now ?

If so then what is it your are trying to do ?

Program the cable company remote for your hitachi rear projection tv ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Operating Guide for these models to operate the remote with the cable box, requires a code. Several codes are listed in the Operating Guide but none for my cable box, brand name Pace, and none of the codes in the Operating
guide work. Help!!
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then let me see if i get this correctly ;

You are trying to program the tv`s remote to operate the cable box , is that correct ?

NOT the cable box remote to operate the tv ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is correct. I have already called my cable company for help and they referred me to you. I just purchased this used set, which was formerly connected to Direct TV. I have cable but cannot get the connection to the set. Our cable box is connected to the set, and worked fine with the previous set.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then I can tell you that you would have much more chances of programming the cable box remote for the tv instead of the reverse .

This PACE brand of cable box wasn`t born yet when this tv was made so no provisions or codes for it either .

Have you tried to program the cable box remote for the tv ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried programming then cable box remote to the tv according to the instructions with no results.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then somehow that does not surprise me if you used the codes provided , they are mostly for modern LCD or plasma TV's but it may still work with a code search .

Who is your cable provider ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I will be out for lunch but if you can tell me who is your cable provider and/or perhaps the model number of their remote then I will show you how to perform a code search with that remote , most of those remote have that feature and it is most often the easiest .

Be back in a few

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jack Got it cable office had to send out a signal to my cable box to get it to connect. Have good signal now. Thank you for your help. It was helpful in steering me in the right direction. Thanks.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Glad to hear that

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you