Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Tv toshiba-32 aw5x i have a problem with the picture when i

Customer Question

tv toshiba-32 aw5x
i have a problem with the picture
when i turn on the tv the picture comes on for a few seconds and then turns off the sound is still on
can you tell me what the problem could be
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble here if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control during the fault sequence does the menu come up please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cannot see the menu come up as there is no picture to view it
the picture flashes on for a couple of seconds when the TV is switched, but we still have sound
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I do not use the phone call facility I do not consider this beneficial sorry

OK so the back-light is out if that is the case, the back-light is controlled by inverters or a LED back-lighting circuit are you able to perfor any work your self with the set?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am an electrician housing and industrial with some electronics experience, i think i can handle some of it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think it could be a relay as when this happens there is a clicking sound

Its actually a sharp TV

Have a look at the display can you see any feint light at all on the display please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there are no feint lines on the screen it's totaley black when it flicks on , when the picture comes on it can stay on for a few second or 4 hours or more
also i forgot to tell you is thet there is a faint line on the left hand of the screen like water markyou would see on a wet paper

I do not understand your reply

Its light I said.... do you see any light on the display when the pic goes off any feint light at all this is very important

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO when the tv picture goes of. it goes into a black screen but the sound remain normal
As i say when i switch it on the screen goes into input 1 the picture flashes on then goes into a black screen no lines at all
and when the picture goes of when we are watching it rhe picture goes off and into a black screen no lines at all

Again I am referring to "light" not lines so you are saying the screen is completely black no visible signs of feint light this is important

If that is the case then we can safely assume the back-light is going out controlled by the invertor its the invertor that will need to be examined first can you do work yourself with the set?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can do the work as i say i am an electrican and have had some electronics experience

Get the back off the set and look for the sets invertor it will run down the left or right hand side of the set please initially make sure all the screws are tight as the grounding of the invertor is in many cases done through one of those screws

Let me know how this works out

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have taken the back off
there are 8 of what looks like multi wound transformers down the left hand side all these are soldered in and the only screws are the ones that hold the cover over the transformer, there is a warning danger high voltage
the rest of the copoponents all seem to be soldered except for the screws that hold the circuit boards

Its the screws I am referring to so there will be 6 to 8 screws holding that board to the chassis tighten them and see if the problem clears

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK i have removed the inverter cover and replaced it
the TV is working ok now
when switch on the screen goes black and then blue and stays blue
when plug in the A/V leads the picture comes on and stays on
so its on now will see how long it lasts
will leave it for now thank you for your help

Hello

Yes monitor it to be sure its OK

Please rate the answer positively so I receive credit from the site there will be a rating band of stars with this post please note the question never closes so please consider doing the rating now thank you

Anthony