Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a 40 tachi TV in my bedroom. It's not quite a year

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 40 Hitachi TV in my bedroom. It's not quite a year old. About 1 month ago It stopped having sound to one of my fav chanels. Then the other day there is no sound on any channel. I have two remotes for this TV, one for the TV itself and one for my Xfinity. I have checked all I can think of on both remotes and still no sound. Picture is perfect just no sound?? HELP!!
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority.

Please try this step by step procedure:

-leave the tv On, so that you are seeing the xfinity picture.

-locate the POWER cord for the xfinity box and unplug it from the wall outlet.

-count to 5 and plug that power cord back in.

-watch the tv screen as the xfinity box boots back up.

Eventually you should get picture and sound back on the tv. If you don't, REPLY back here and tell me is the xifinity box connected to the tv with HDMI or some other type of connection.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

If the sound is working after that procedure then we are done. Occasionally the cable box needs to be reset when a glitch like this occurs.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

I have donated my invaluable time helping you rather than other paying customers. Please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,