Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My name is ***** ***** J Molloy The sound on my sony bravia

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** J Molloy The sound on my sony bravia TV fades out mostly completely and sometimes no sound at all. My TV is 3 years old. Can you help. P J M
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes I have put another TV in place of the sony. This is working verv well off the same satalite dish. My tv works off SKY Satalite
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: YES. If answer corrects the fault I will willing pay the charge. Thanks P J M
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

In addition I need to know how you are viewing TV services?is it satellite/cable box/cable straight no box/antenna?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your system is not accepting that my email address is***@******.*** I can verify that it is correct.Also your system is not accepting my mobile phone which is 353 86(###) ###-####I live in IRELAND and all my particulars are correct. P J M

I dont know anything about all that can you see my reply and request for info please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sony Bravia. Model NoKDL-32s5500. Serial No5065123 Date of Manafacture 10?2009

OK if you have any issues with your account please just contact***@******.***

OK when the TV volume fades out can you hear it doing this slowly from normal to low?also do you see the volume graphic come up on the screen?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I have the volume set athalf it stays at half. Then I will put i t to full volume and still no sound

OK I need to know if its doing the same if you use another input like a DVD player or a game or a bluray anything OTHER than how you are viewing the set now

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sound might be ok next day and might not be
I use no imputs to this TV . It is used as a TV only. P J M

If I am to make an accurate diagnosis and help you with this I will need to know that information as its a stepping stone procedure once you clear one base it leads to the next so that check is important, so just to be clear the check will eliminate any box you may be using because the sound processing comes from the box and it could be that so the input check is important to eliminate that

Let me know when you have the info thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This TV is a standard model. There are no boxes of any kind involved other than the SKY + HD UNIT.The TV I am using at the moment is plugged into the same power socket and SKY + HD unit as the Sony was and . P J Mthis TV is working perfectly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. P J M

OK that clears the box in that case thanks for the info.

The problem is either the function board this is the board on the set that has the volume/channel change on the set itself, or there is a problem with the sound amp located on the main-board what needs to be done first is the function board to be disconnected and the set run without it to eliminate that then if that is eliminated the main-board may need to be replaced do you think you can do this work yourself?I will provide all the necessary info for that

Let me know please

Please consider at this point rating what information I have provided so far positively, there will be a rating band with this post of stars, rating positive is the only way I get credited by the site for the help thank you.Please note the question NEVER closes and remains open always so bookmark the page

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant switch to a phone call because I dont have your number. I know your phone starts with 001 the code for USA

NO I do not use the phone call facility anyhow

Please keep going in text format its the best way anyhow

How is this working out please?